What You Will Need:
- 32g Coffee
- Burr Grinder
- Gram Scale
- Filtered Water
- Gooseneck Kettle
- 6 cup Chemex
- Bring ~1L filtered water to 210ºF in kettle.
- Place filter into Chemex with three-ply side towards the spout. Rinse with hot water. Discard wastewater.
- Grind 32g of coffee on a medium setting on burr grinder. Place coffee in filter. Shake Chemex gently to create a level bed of coffee.
- Place Chemex on gram scale. Tare to zero.
- Start Timer. Evenly saturate the ground coffee with 100g water.
- At 1:00, in concentric circles, pour hot water until scale reads 300g.
- At 2:30, in concentric circles, pour hot water until scale reads 500g.
- Once filter is drained, serve brewed coffee.