What You Will Need:
- 14g Coffee
- Burr Grinder
- Gram Scale
- Filtered Water
- Boil around 0.5L of filtered water using your kettle.
- Place the filter into Aeropress cap. Screw the cap onto the Aeropress. Place Aeropress on top of your serving vessel.
- Grind 14g of coffee on a fine setting on burr grinder. Place coffee in Aeropress.
- Place Aeropress and serving vessel on gram scale. Tare to zero.
- Start Timer. Evenly saturate the ground coffee with 200g water. Stir well to break up clumped coffee grounds.
- Lightly insert plunger into Aeropress without plunging. This will prevent the water from draining through before brewing is complete and aid in heat retention. Remove Aeropress and serving vessel from scale.
- At 1:00, remove plunger. Stir. Replace plunger and press until the bottom of the plunger meets the bed of coffee. Pressing should take approximately :15 seconds.